Body of Taylorsville man recovered from Rockport Reservoir
PEOA, Utah — Search and rescue crews have recovered the body of a Taylorsville man who drowned at Rockport Reservoir Thursday night.
Summit County Sheriff Justin Martinez identified the victim as 39-year-old Matthew Britton.
Officials with the Summit County Sheriff’s Office said witnesses reported seeing Britton and his fall into the water while paddleboarding on the reservoir around 7 p.m. Thursday. His dog was wearing a life jacket and made it to shore.
Multiple agencies responded to the reservoir with drones, sonar and helicopters to assist in the search.
Martinez said that just before 11 p.m., Britton’s body was located underwater, approximately 150-200 yards from the shoreline.
“We are grateful to the many rescuers who responded to assist with the search. Our hearts go out to the Britton family and friends as they grieve the tragic loss of Matthew,” he said.
Authorities encouraged everyone to wear life jackets while participating in water activities on any lake or reservoir.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32002)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 31732)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12209)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 8933)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5581)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 5186)