Tibble Fire 100% contained, 2 reservoirs closed
SALT LAKE CITY — The Pine Hollow and Silver Lake Flat reservoirs remained closed Sunday morning even though firefighters contained the Tibble Fire.
Utah Fire Info said crews reached 100% containment early Sunday, Utah Fire Info tweeted.
Helicopters will be using the closed reservoirs as landing sites so they reload for water drops until firefighters are comfortable.
The reservoirs will reopen once firefighters are comfortable with leaving the site. The Salmon Heli-Rappelers were on scene mopping up.
Forecasts predicted the area could receive additional thunderstorms Sunday. Lightning is a constant threat for igniting wildfires.
The Hibble Fire was a small one by comparison to other fires in Utah. It burned about a half acre but Utah’s severe drought has firefighters jumping on every fire so it doesn’t explode into a bigger problem.
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 8218)
- Two teens killed in Lehi crash (pageviews: 5430)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 5285)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 4302)
- Several churches vandalized in Sandy and Orem (pageviews: 3784)
- Family friend remembers expectant West Jordan mother killed in crash (pageviews: 3460)