Four-car pileup on I-15 forces extrication of crash victim
Jul 26, 2022, 8:00 PM | Updated: 8:01 pm
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah — The driver who caused a four-car collision on Interstate 15 Tuesday fled the scene, leaving others badly injured, according to emergency response crews.
Terry Addison, fire chief with South Salt Lake Fire, said the severity of the injuries isn’t known, nor was it clear how many people were hospitalized, but said rescue crews had to extricate one person out of one of the cars.
The crash happened on northbound I-15 at approximately 5:15 p.m. Tuesday. SSL fire responded to the rush-hour crash.
“This is your reminder to buckle up,” SSLFD said on its Facebook page.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 34675)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 14695)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12863)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 10776)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 9730)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 9376)
- Body found under overpass at 600 North (pageviews: 6779)