Man charged in connection to violent deaths in Spanish Fork and Ogden
A man has been charged with two counts of aggravated murder after police connected him to two violent crimes in Spanish Fork and Ogden.
The man, identified as 28-year-old Christian Taele, was charged in the death of a man found near a dumpster in Spanish Fork, 49-year-old Ryan Hooley.
Hooley was found with blunt force trauma injuries as well as apparent stab wounds.
Taele was also charged, in the death of a man who was severely beaten and hung from gym equipment in Ogden, identified as 23-year-old Tyler Belinti.
Police found Taele who was on the scene, and recovered the victim who was “partially hanging by the neck from a piece of gym equipment,” according to court documents.
The victim was taken to a hospital for life saving measures, but had no brain activity and later passed away.
Taele confessed to both of the killings and shared details law enforcement had not released to the public about the deaths.
Taele stated he killed both victims because he was “directed by a higher power” to “purge the city.”
He is scheduled to appear in court on July 21, 2022, in Weber County.
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 8218)
- Two teens killed in Lehi crash (pageviews: 5430)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 5285)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 4302)
- Several churches vandalized in Sandy and Orem (pageviews: 3784)
- Family friend remembers expectant West Jordan mother killed in crash (pageviews: 3460)