Morgan County firefighters extinguish firework-caused fire
MOUNTAIN GREEN, Utah — Firefighters quickly knocked down a fire that was sparked by fireworks in Morgan County on Wednesday.
The Mountain Green Fire Protection District said crews were called out to the fire near a church on Cottonwood Canyon Road after a larger firework “apparently exploded near the white Bowery building, and projectiles ignited the grass fire.”
The fire burned about 2 acres, torching the infield of a baseball diamond and grass behind and in front of nearby buildings.
“Thankfully there was no wind during this period, or things may have turned out very differently,” firefighters said.
Investigators with the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office did not locate any perpetrators and firefighters reminded the public that fireworks are currently prohibited in the state.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32002)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 31732)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12209)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 8933)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5581)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 5186)