Motorcyclist dies in crash after fleeing traffic stop, police say
MILLCREEK, Utah — A 25-year-old man was killed after crashing his motorcycle Tuesday night, according to officials with the Unified Police Department.
UPD Sgt. Melody Culter said police attempted to pull over the motorcyclist, identified as Shawn Praszynski, for a regular traffic stop around 10 p.m.
Praszynski then fled the area and officers did not pursue him. A short time later, police received reports of a motorcycle that had crashed on 900 East near 3765 South.
Cutler said Praszynski was driving northbound on 900 East when he lost control, separated from the bike and slid down the road before he got lodged under a parked car.
Praszynski was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, and Cutler said Salt Lake City police will be investigating the crash.
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 8218)
- Two teens killed in Lehi crash (pageviews: 5430)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 5285)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 4302)
- Several churches vandalized in Sandy and Orem (pageviews: 3784)
- Family friend remembers expectant West Jordan mother killed in crash (pageviews: 3460)