Utah regulators take action against store they say failed to deliver furniture or refunds dozens of times
BLUFFDALE, Utah — Imagine paying a deposit for expensive furniture only to have the company vanish before you get your stuff. It happened to several Utahns and now, the store has been cited by the State of Utah.
The store, The Furniture Lady, used a Bluffdale location as its showroom. But what happened there broke the law, according to state regulators. In its citation, the Utah Division of Consumer Protection says The Furniture Lady “failed to deliver” furniture for which customers paid and “failed to refund consumers” when asked. These are allegations made by scores of Utahns including Drake Turner.
“I don’t want to be mean, but it sounds like they’re just trying to steal money from customers,” Turner said. He is among about a dozen Utahns who reached out to the KSL Investigators about the Furniture Lade. Of the six dining room chairs for which he paid, he only got two.
Turner has messages showing that, for several months, he had been communicating with The Furniture Lady. The owner had excuses but more than a year after the order, the store began ghosting him.
“I was just like, blunt. ‘Did you guys go out of business?’” Turner said. “No response.”
The KSL Investigators tried to reach the Furniture Lady by phone and email, but my messages have not been returned. Including Turner, the state said The Furniture Lady violated the Utah Consumer Sales Practices Act at least “44” times: a crime that comes with a “potential fine of $110,000.”here.The Furniture Lady does have 30 days to contest this citation. If you are a victim and you have not reported it to the state, they would still like to hear from you. You can file a complaint with the Division of Consumer Protection
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32002)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 31732)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12209)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 8933)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5581)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 5186)