Detectives locate SUV from drive-by shooting, one arrested
SALT LAKE CITY — A man was arrested during an investigation of a drive-by shooting that occurred on July 9, 2022.
Detectives with Salt Lake City Police Department’s Gang Unit arrested 21-year-old Alexis Garcia-Flores.
Around 8:53 p.m. on Thursday, July 28, detectives spotted an SUV used in a recent drive-by shooting, driving near 1075 West California Avenue.
Detectives tried stopping the car, but Garcia-Flores sped off.
Officers used stop-sticks to stop the vehicle and then locked down the intersection because they thought Garcia-Flores might have a gun.
After a conversation with Garcia-Flores, detectives took him into custody.
According to a release from Salt Lake City Police, “During a court-authorized search of the SUV, detectives located illegal narcotics and drug paraphernalia inside. The investigation is ongoing.”
The investigation into the drive-by shooting started at 2:41 a.m. on Saturday, July 9, 2022 when police received reports of multiple gunshots near 1200 South Glendale Drive.
While responding, officers received information that a car quickly took off from the neighborhood and officers found a car with multiple bullet holes and shell casings in the road.
No injuries were ever reported.
Garcia-Flores was booked into the Salt Lake County Metro Jail on suspicion of failing to respond to an officer’s signal to stop.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)