Passenger sustains ‘very serious injuries’ in rollover crash on I-80; multiple lanes closed
SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah — One person was transported to the hospital with “very serious injuries” Friday following a single-vehicle rollover crash on Interstate 80.
Cpl. Chris Bishop with the Utah Highway Patrol said a vehicle was traveling westbound on I-80, in lane three, when it lost control near mile marker 137. The vehicle went to the left and rolled after hitting the dirt in the median.
A rear passenger on the passenger side was not wearing a seatbelt, according to Bishop, and was ejected as the vehicle was on the center concrete barrier, ending up in lane three of eastbound traffic.
All EB lanes are now closed.
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) July 30, 2022
Bishop said the passenger was transported to an area hospital with very serious injuries.
All lanes on eastbound I-80 and the far left lane on westbound I-80 are closed while authorities investigate the scene.
Bishop said impairment is being investigated as a factor in the crash.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)