Two arrested, three guns recovered after SLC robbery investigation
SALT LAKE CITY — Police say two men have been taken into custody after an investigation into an aggravated robbery.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department said three men robbed the victim using a gun around 11 p.m. on July 2, with one of the suspects hitting the victim with a gun.
Investigators said the suspect then shot at the victim, who was not struck. The victim is still recovering from the assault injuries.
On July 23, officers with the SLCPD Gang Unit saw a car near 500 East and 1300 South that matched the description of the car used in the aggravated robbery.
Officers and detectives safely arrested 34-year-old Adrian Hugar and 22-year-old Carlos Perez-Rodriguez, who were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on charges of possession of a firearm by a restricted person. Hugar was also booked on an aggravated robbery charge.
During a court-authorized search of the car, detectives found three firearms – one that was stolen and one that was a sawed-off rifle.
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 23876)
- Missing Utah woman found alive 1 week after crashing car in 300-foot ravine (pageviews: 19018)
- Caution: Strong weather takes Utah into the weekend (pageviews: 6272)
- Layton family cherishes every moment after 7-year-old daughter is given months to live (pageviews: 4249)
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways (pageviews: 4145)
- Four more arrests made in death of 16-year-old near Lindon trailhead (pageviews: 3964)