Two arrested, three guns recovered after SLC robbery investigation
SALT LAKE CITY — Police say two men have been taken into custody after an investigation into an aggravated robbery.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department said three men robbed the victim using a gun around 11 p.m. on July 2, with one of the suspects hitting the victim with a gun.
Investigators said the suspect then shot at the victim, who was not struck. The victim is still recovering from the assault injuries.
On July 23, officers with the SLCPD Gang Unit saw a car near 500 East and 1300 South that matched the description of the car used in the aggravated robbery.
Officers and detectives safely arrested 34-year-old Adrian Hugar and 22-year-old Carlos Perez-Rodriguez, who were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on charges of possession of a firearm by a restricted person. Hugar was also booked on an aggravated robbery charge.
During a court-authorized search of the car, detectives found three firearms – one that was stolen and one that was a sawed-off rifle.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)