Search and rescue crews looking for missing man in Payson Canyon
UTAH COUNTY, Utah — Sgt. Spencer Cannon with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office says search and rescue crews are looking for a 52-year-old man who has been missing since midday Friday.
Crews located the man’s car in Payson Canyon, and Cannon said the surrounding area has some very difficult terrain.
They are using the Utah Department of Public Safety’s helicopter to shuttle personnel to different search areas, and the UCSO’s mounted posse has also responded.
@UCSO_SAR, @UCSO Mounted Posse, and @UtahDPS helicopter are working in Payson Canyon to find a 52 year old man missing since mid-day Friday. The area where his car was found has very difficult terrain. pic.twitter.com/EU0yP0Sq3V
— Utah County Sheriff (@UCSO) July 30, 2022
This is a developing story. It will be updated as new information becomes available.
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 14346)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14172)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 11996)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 11993)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 10759)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 9599)