Search and rescue crews looking for missing man in Payson Canyon
UTAH COUNTY, Utah — Sgt. Spencer Cannon with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office says search and rescue crews are looking for a 52-year-old man who has been missing since midday Friday.
Crews located the man’s car in Payson Canyon, and Cannon said the surrounding area has some very difficult terrain.
They are using the Utah Department of Public Safety’s helicopter to shuttle personnel to different search areas, and the UCSO’s mounted posse has also responded.
@UCSO_SAR, @UCSO Mounted Posse, and @UtahDPS helicopter are working in Payson Canyon to find a 52 year old man missing since mid-day Friday. The area where his car was found has very difficult terrain. pic.twitter.com/EU0yP0Sq3V
— Utah County Sheriff (@UCSO) July 30, 2022
This is a developing story. It will be updated as new information becomes available.
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 8218)
- Two teens killed in Lehi crash (pageviews: 5430)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 5285)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 4302)
- Several churches vandalized in Sandy and Orem (pageviews: 3784)
- Family friend remembers expectant West Jordan mother killed in crash (pageviews: 3460)