2 fatally shot at West Virginia nail salon; gunman killed by police
SUMMERSVILLE, W.Va. (AP) — A gunman fatally shot two people at a nail salon in West Virginia before officers fired at the shooter, killing him, police said.
Summersville officers responded to an active shooter Thursday evening at Jo’s Nails & Spa, police said in a Facebook post Friday. Two officers shot the gunman, who was pronounced dead at the hospital, police said.
According to news outlets, Summersville Police identified the alleged shooter as 52-year-old Patrick Wayne Cater and the two victims as 45-year-old Khuyen Van Le and 40-year-old Phi Anh Le, married coworkers there.
Police Chief John Nowak told news outlets that Cater had been working there earlier, left, and came back with a semiautomatic pistol.
West Virginia State Police are investigating.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 61519)
- Police: Hoax targets several Utah schools with fake shooting threats (pageviews: 35058)
- Arrest made in Logan Canyon crash that killed 3, injured 2 (pageviews: 19690)
- Three dead, two injured in crash that closed US Hwy 89 (pageviews: 11477)
- 3 victims in Box Elder County crash identified (pageviews: 10071)
- Nashville police release bodycam footage of police shooting school attacker (pageviews: 7725)