Police search for stolen car suspects after crashing and fleeing
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are searching for a group of suspects after escaping from them in a reported stolen car.
According to Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Chris Bishop, a stolen car was reported to West Valley City police earlier last week, and the victim noticed their car on Interstate 80 on Saturday around 8:50 a.m.
UHP got the call and attempted to stop the car, but it fled and eventually crashed around 2100 South and 700 East.
Bishop believes about three or four people fled from the car as UHP attempted to place them in custody.
Police set up containment in the area and had a helicopter assisting the search, but all suspects escaped from UHP.
Bishop had no descriptions of the suspects when interviewed.
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 9542)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9110)
- Earth's inner core may have stopped turning and could go into reverse, study suggests (pageviews: 7586)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 6434)
- Man chases teens after shots fired at Taylorsville High (pageviews: 3898)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3647)