One arrested on suspicion of DUI after two-car crash in SLC
SALT LAKE CITY — One man was arrested Thursday morning following a crash that closed the intersection of 500 West and 500 South.
Sgt. Cameron Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol said the incident started when a state trooper attempted to stop a black BMW that was driving at a high rate of speed near the northbound Interstate 15 offramp at 600 South.
The BMW and trooper exited I-15, and the BMW appeared to be pulling over on the left shoulder near 500 West. Roden said the BMW then fled northbound on 500 West, and the trooper did not pursue.
As the BMW approached 500 South, it collided with a white work van in a T-bone-style collision, according to Roden.
The BMW’s male driver was not injured and was been arrested for fleeing and impaired driving.
The driver of the van was transported to an area hospital with minor injuries.
Officers with the Salt Lake City Police Department assisted troopers with the crash, which blocked the 500 West onramps to I-15.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)