Four more arrests made in death of 16-year-old near Lindon trailhead
LINDON, Utah — Four more teenagers have been arrested in connection to the death of a 16-year-old boy near a popular trail in Lindon.
Officials with the Lindon Police Department said Thursday that those individuals are between the ages of 16 and 17 years old, adding that their identities and criminal charges will not be released due to their ages.
The announcement comes a few days after a 16-year-old boy was also arrested in the case.
“All five individuals, who have been arrested, were involved in the circumstances surrounding the death of the victim,” read a Thursday afternoon press release from Lindon police.
The 16-year-old victim died after a fight broke out in the early morning hours on Monday, Aug. 1. Two groups had met at the pavilion at Lindon View Murdock Canal Trailhead when the fight occurred. Police said the victim ended up in the hospital, where he died from his injuries.
Chief Mike Brower with the Lindon Police Department said the victim is not from Lindon and a gun was not used.
The incident remains under investigation as police “work through further information.”
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32002)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 31732)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12209)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 8933)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5581)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 5186)