One arrested, one seriously injured in SLC shooting
SALT LAKE CITY — One man was arrested for shooting another man along North Temple Street early Friday morning. The suspect was identified as 42-year-old Anthony Griffin.
Overnight, Salt Lake City police arrested a 42-year-old man after he allegedly shot another man, also 42 years old, along North Temple.
According to a release from Salt Lake City Police Department, the investigation began at 1:12 a.m. when officers were informed of a shooting at Gateway Inn, at 819 W., North Temple Street.
Dispatch sent paramedics immediately since they had information about a gunshot victim. When officers arrived on the scene the victim was found on the ground bleeding from his stomach.
The victim was given aid on scene and Gold Cross transported the victim to the hospital in serious condition.
A SLCPD sergeant witnessed a car leaving the Gateway Inn and conducted a traffic stop. During an investigation officers learned the passenger, Griffin, was the alleged shooter.
The release states: “Officers booked Griffin into the Salt Lake County Jail on one count of Felony Discharge of a Firearm, Possession of a Dangerous Weapon by a Restricted Person and Distributing/Offering/Arranging Distribution of a Controlled Substance.”
Officers recovered a handgun in the shoulder bag Griffin had and later determined the gun to be stolen. Nine grams of cocaine and a large amount of cash were also located in their investigation.
Information about the victim has not been released.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32002)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 31732)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12209)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 8933)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5581)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 5186)