3-car collision in West Valley claims the life of one passenger
WEST VALLEY CITY — One person was killed Friday night in a three-car collision in West Valley City. The victim has not yet been identified.
Lt. Jason Vincent with West Valley City Police Department said the collision happed at 7:18 p.m. when a black car was heading westbound on 4100 South when it veered into oncoming traffic, colliding with a red car heading eastbound, preparing to turn left at the intersection of 4000 West.
The impact pushed the red passenger car further into eastbound traffic where it collided with a third vehicle.
According to Vincent the crash killed the front passenger of the red car. The driver of that car was also injured and while the extent of the injuries wasn’t known, that person is expected to survive.
The crash closed eastbound traffic for several hours while investigators recorded the details of the collision. Vincent did not specify what other factors led to the crash. He did not provide details about the victims’ age or sex.
“It always pays to be an attentive driver,” he said. “Lots of times people are concerned about getting tickets. Our desire isn’t to give tickets as much as it is to keep people safe. Slow down and save yourself a ticket and save yourself from getting hurt.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)