Crowd lifts car off man after suspected DUI driver crashes through wall
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A man has been arrested on suspicion of DUI after police say he crashed through a retaining wall and into the parking lot of an apartment complex.
Lt. Julie Jorgensen with the West Valley City Police Department said the crash happened around 11:15 p.m. Sunday at The Redwood apartments.
Several people were standing in the parking lot and while most got out of the way, one man was struck by the car.
Jorgensen said the victim was pinned under the car but was able to get out from underneath it after the crowd lifted the vehicle off him.
He was taken to an area hospital with some broken bones but no life-threatening injuries.
The driver, later identified as Gabriel Yates, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on DUI-related charges.
Witnesses also told police Yates was speeding on Redwood Road before the crash.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7743)
- ‘They’re all in imminent danger’: Video shows violence after Utah prison allowed gangs to mingle (pageviews: 7192)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6691)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3418)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3153)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday (pageviews: 2768)