Police: Hit and run crash causes gas leak, suspect fled on bicycle
SALT LAKE CITY — A truck driver caused a gas leak after hitting a building and fleeing the scene Monday morning.
According to Salt Lake City police, a male driver hit a building’s gas meter with his truck near 2050 South Redwood Road around 9:25 a.m.
Witnesses told police the driver fled on a bicycle after the crash, leaving a woman passenger in the truck. She was transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
The road closure has been lifted. Our investigation remains ongoing. For all available information, please read our press release:https://t.co/oohbFgNEKc#saltlakecity #slc #slcpd pic.twitter.com/qsPV4MDd6t
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) August 8, 2022
Police could not find the driver and do not have a description for him. They are still investigating the cause of the crash.
Dominion Energy and Salt Lake City Fire crews responded to the leak and handled it.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7743)
- ‘They’re all in imminent danger’: Video shows violence after Utah prison allowed gangs to mingle (pageviews: 7192)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6691)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3418)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3153)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday (pageviews: 2768)