Man dead after motorcycle vs. vehicle crash in Duchesne County
DUCHESNE COUNTY, Utah — A motorcyclist has died after he collided with a car that turned in front of him on state Route 87.
The crash happened at milepost 37 around 7:55 a.m. Thursday.
SR 87 at MP 37 (7 Mi W of Roosevelt) Duchesne Co.
Est. Clearance Time: 9:15 AM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) August 11, 2022
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said a red 1991 HD motorcycle was traveling east on SR-87 when a gray 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee — that was traveling west — attempted to turn left into a business driveway. It failed to yield to the oncoming motorcycle, and the motorcycle struck the Jeep broadside.
The adult male driver of the motorcycle was pronounced dead at the scene, while the driver of the Jeep was uninjured.
Troopers said lanes were closed for approximately four hours while they conducted an investigation.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7743)
- ‘They’re all in imminent danger’: Video shows violence after Utah prison allowed gangs to mingle (pageviews: 7192)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6691)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3418)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3153)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday (pageviews: 2768)