Collision with Jeep kills motorcyclist in Duchesne County
DUCHESNE COUNTY, Utah — A motorcyclist was killed Thursday morning in a collision on state Route 87 in Duchesne County.
The crash happened, according to the Utah Department of Public Safety, at approximately 7:55 a.m. when a Jeep Grand Cherokee that was heading west on the state road turned left across the eastbound lane, attempting to enter the driveway of a business located on the road.
The UDPS report said the driver of the Cherokee failed to yield to the oncoming motorcycle.
The man driving the motorcycle was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash. The driver of the Jeep was not injured.
The business driveway is at or near milepost 37 on the road on a long straight stretch of the road near its connection with US 191, 7 miles west of Roosevelt, and just east of Ioke, Utah. The motorcycle involved was a red 1991 Harley Davidson.
The road was closed for approximately four hours for a crash investigation. The DPS report did not identify the victim or the driver of the Jeep.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10137)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 9660)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6421)
- 2 killed in separate Utah Co. crashes; 1 injured after hitting school bus in Clearfield (pageviews: 6158)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3625)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3418)