UPDATE: Missing infant found after suspect turned himself in
UPDATE: South Salt Lake police confirmed that the infant is now safe after Stafon Dshawn Coleman (JR) turned himself into the Salt Lake County Jail on Nov. 7.
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah — Authorities are asking for the public’s help in locating an 18-month-old boy believed to be with his father, who is a suspect in a South Salt Lake homicide and not the child’s legal guardian.
According to information released Friday from the South Salt Lake Police Department, Stafon Dshawn Coleman (JR) fled the state with his parents — Stafon Dshawn Coleman (SR) and Liana Blas, who was five-months pregnant at the time — two days after a man was found shot and killed near WinCo in South Salt Lake.
Thirteen days later on May 24, Blas showed up at her mother’s house in El Paso, Texas with Stafon (JR). Police said she indicated that she was also traveling with Stafon (SR). Late that evening, Blas left the home with Stafon (JR).
“Several attempts to locate Stafon (JR) and check his welfare have not been successful,” SSLPD stated in its release. On Aug. 10, police finally made contact with Blas, who was present with her newborn child, but Stafon (JR) was not there.
“Liana refused to provide both police and the DCFS with the current location/whereabouts and/or persons who have Stafon (JR).”
The release went on to say, “It is believed that Stafon (JR) may be with his father Stafon (SR) who is not Stafon (JR) legal guardian.”
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)