Reward raised to $100,00 for information in 1995 murder of Rosie Tapia
- SALT LAKE CITY — The reward for information in the rape and murder of Rosie Tapia is now worth $100,000.
The six-year-old was kidnapped from her Salt Lake City apartment in1995. Her body was left near the Jordan Canal.
Private investigator Jason Jensen released a statement Saturday that said. “We are increasing the reward so there is enough incentive for one individual in that group to break their silence. Information can be anonymous and confidential.”
The statement asked people to contribute additional money to the Rosie Tapia Reward Fund.
Saturday marked the 27th anniversary of her murder.
Her killer has never been found. The murder remains one of Utah’s most infamous cold cases.
In 2019 The Utah Cold Case Coalition released a sketch of a possible suspect.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)