South Salt Lake water main break causes sink hole, road closures
SOUTH SALT LAKE CITY – South Salt Lake police closed off eastbound lanes from 3300 South to State Street Sunday morning because of a gushing water main.
The pressure caused a sinkhole in the area.
A post on Facebook around 11 a.m. urged motorists to avoid the area while Jordan Valley Water workers worked on repairs.
There could be additional closures as crews need to move during repairs.
The area will be closed for several hours and could remain in place into Monday morning the post said.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7743)
- ‘They’re all in imminent danger’: Video shows violence after Utah prison allowed gangs to mingle (pageviews: 7192)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6691)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3418)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3153)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday (pageviews: 2768)