Memphis hospital locks down after nearby shooting of 6
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Six people were wounded in a shooting that led to a lockdown of a hospital early Tuesday in Memphis, Tennessee, authorities said.
Memphis police said the six were shot shortly after midnight by people in a black SUV near Methodist North Hospital.
Two children were taken to Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital in critical condition, police said in a statement. The condition of one of the children later improved to non-critical, police said.
Four other people were taken in critical condition to Regional One Health Medical Center. Police said one of those shot was later listed as non-critical.
Shooting victims arrive at Methodist North. pic.twitter.com/oTxRf3nmAa
— Memphis Police Dept (@MEM_PoliceDept) August 16, 2022
Methodist North Hospital was placed on a lockdown that has since been lifted, police said. Three of those shot were detained by police on suspicion that they were in possession of a stolen vehicle, police said.
A sedan was left riddled with bullet holes outside Methodist North. Police also taped off the scene at a gas station several miles away where an assault rifle could be seen on the pavement near the pumps, WREG-TV reported.
No information on a motive for the shooting was immediately released by police.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)