Man found dead after Kane County search and rescue
KANE COUNTY, Utah — A man was found dead after he was reported missing in Garfield County Saturday evening.
According to a Facebook post from Kane County Sheriff’s Office, around 6:10 p.m. on Aug. 13, Garfield County Police contacted Kane County Police to report missing 80-year-old Roger Stricklett, from Phoenix, AZ.
His last known location was on Hole in the Rock Road and Garfield County Police had located the truck just two miles south of the Dry Fork turn-off in Kane County.
The truck was parked with the motor still running and an older dog in the truck that was found dead.
The truck was not locked, and Stricklett’s phone was still in the truck.
Kane County Search and Rescue responded with 13 people and search dogs while a helicopter searched until dark.
According to the statement from police, recent storms had covered up footprints by the truck. They found a track and followed for several hours until they located Stricklett, who had died, around 3:45 a.m. Sunday.
Stricklett’s body was transported to the medical examiner’s office.
No other information was immediately available.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8591)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7853)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4030)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3671)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3209)
- ‘Totally devastated’: Trucks, trailers and ATVs stolen from Pleasant Grove neighborhood (pageviews: 2231)