Construction worker ‘seriously burned’ by trailer fire in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — An approximately 20-year-old worker was taken to the hospital Tuesday after a construction-style trailer caught fire in the Avenues.
The incident happened at 669 E. 18th Avenue at approximately 4:40 p.m.
Dan Walker, division chief with the Salt Lake City Fire Department, said the worker was near the trailer when the fire broke out.
He was burned between 20-30% of his body and later transported to the burn center at the University of Utah.
Walker said crews were able to extinguish the flames within 10 minutes, adding that the cause remains under investigation.
669 S 18th Ave SLCity 4:40 approx 20 yr old construction worker seriously burned and transported to burn center. A construction trailer also burned. Fire is currently under investigation. No PIO on scene. pic.twitter.com/23eKyT60Ry
— Salt Lake City Fire Department (@slcfire) August 17, 2022
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)