Vehicle recovered from Pineview Reservoir after leaving roadway
WEBER COUNTY, Utah — A vehicle was recovered from Pineview Reservoir Tuesday after authorities say it left the roadway.
The incident happened in the area of 5103 East and state Route 39 near Huntsville around 8:49 a.m.
Officials with the Weber County Sheriff’s Office said it was reported the car left the roadway and ended up in the water. According to witnesses on scene, the driver, who was the only person in the car, was able to get out of the truck before it went underwater.
“Weber County Marine Patrol and Weber County Search and Rescue Dive Team assisted Utah Highway Patrol in recovering the vehicle from the water,” read a Wednesday morning press release from the Weber County Sheriff’s Office.
An investigation into the crash is underway.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7743)
- ‘They’re all in imminent danger’: Video shows violence after Utah prison allowed gangs to mingle (pageviews: 7192)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6691)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3418)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3153)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday (pageviews: 2768)