Two teens killed in Lehi crash
LEHI, Utah — Two teenagers died over the weekend after they were involved in a single-vehicle crash in Lehi.
The fatal crash happened at approximately 8:42 a.m. Sunday.
Cpl. Tyler Prawitt with the Lehi Police Department said a vehicle came off southbound Interstate 15, on exit 282, at an “extremely high rate of speed.”
“At the end of the offramp onto 2100 North and Thanksgiving Way, it’s basically, at the intersection, you either turn right or left, and they just continued straight through that intersection and took out 300 feet of fence, then over a retention basin, and vaulted over another fence where it finally rested,” Prawitt said.
Two 19-year-old men were found dead on scene.
“It was tragic,” Prawitt said. “Absolute tragedy to see that.”
The families have been notified, according to Prawitt, but authorities have not released their names at this time. Prawitt said there were no traffic delays associated with this crash, and no other vehicles or civilians were struck or injured.
Impairment is being investigated as another factor in the crash, but that’s currently unknown.
“People need to slow down and pay attention, especially when they’re in areas they’re unfamiliar with,” Prawitt said.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7743)
- ‘They’re all in imminent danger’: Video shows violence after Utah prison allowed gangs to mingle (pageviews: 7192)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6691)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3418)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3153)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday (pageviews: 2768)