Scene cleared after ‘suspicious package’ found at Layton Hospital
LAYTON, Utah — The Davis County bomb squad was called out to a Layton hospital Thursday morning after a suspicious package was found inside the building.
According to officials with the Layton Police Department, the item was located at approximately 8:30 a.m.
Security then picked up the package and carried it outside, where it was later detonated. The package was not a bomb, but police said they are looking at surveillance footage to see who left the item behind.
The hospital was not evacuated as a result of the suspicious package, but some clinics in the medical office have been closed for the day, according to a statement from Intermountain Healthcare.
Intermountain’s full statement continues below:
This morning Intermountain Layton Hospital caregivers noticed a suspicious package in the medical office building. Hospital security then notified Layton Police and the Davis County Bomb Squad. As a precaution the suspicious package was removed and detonated by police.
Hospital operations have not been impacted and is operating as normal. Out of an abundance of caution, some clinics in the medical office building have closed for the day. Medical providers will be contacting patients impacted. Otherwise, the campus is open and accessible. Please direct any additional inquiries to Layton Police Department.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8591)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7853)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4030)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3671)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3209)
- ‘Totally devastated’: Trucks, trailers and ATVs stolen from Pleasant Grove neighborhood (pageviews: 2231)