Teen arrested on suspicion of DUI after crashing into SLC police car, damaging another
SALT LAKE CITY — A 17-year-old girl was arrested on suspicion of DUI after officers said she crashed into two Salt Lake City police vehicles.
Police responded to an unrelated call for service near 751 S. 300 East at 1:03 a.m. Friday and turned their emergency lights on after parking their marked patrol vehicles.
While the officers were outside their vehicles, a Toyota Corolla, driven by the 17-year-old, smashed into the rear of one of the patrol vehicles and pushed it into the other.
The girl was treated for minor injuries at the scene, and no other injuries were reported.
State troopers responded to investigate the crash and ultimately arrested the driver for suspected DUI.
“This crash serves as a reminder to not drink and drive, and to always be aware of emergency vehicles,” SLCPD officers said in a press release. “Utah law requires drivers to slow down and move over when emergency vehicles are present with their emergency lights activated.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)