Patient killed, paramedic critical after ambulance ‘explodes’ in Hawaii
KAILUA, Hawaii (KITV) — A patient is dead and a paramedic is in critical condition after an ambulance reportedly exploded while entering Adventist Health Castle in Kailua, Wednesday night.
Rattled hospital staff told Press the situation was unprecedented and the cause of the explosion is unknown. HPD and Honolulu Fire remained on the scene late into the evening.
Authorities say Ulukahiki Street was shut down because of the incident. Details about the incident have not yet been released.
BREAKING NEWS | A patient is dead and a paramedic is in critical condition after an ambulance reportedly exploded near Adventist Health Castle on Ulukahiki Street in Kailua, Wednesday night. https://t.co/8fHok5rwdg
— KITV4 (@KITV4) August 25, 2022
The cause of the incident has not been released. It is unclear if anyone else was injured.
The City and County of Honolulu is held a 10 p.m. news conference at Castle Medical Center regarding the incident.
The-CNN-Wire™ & © 2022 Cable News Network, Inc., a Warner Bros. Discovery Company. All rights reserved.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3477)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)