School bus driver injured in Utah County crash
UTAH COUNTY, Utah — A bus driver for the Nebo School District was injured in a crash on U.S. Highway 6 Friday morning.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the bus was traveling eastbound with 45 secondary school students onboard when it drifted off the right shoulder of the roadway into the dirt.
The bus then corrected back to the left and crossed all lanes of U.S. 6 before going off the opposite shoulder and hitting a fence.
State troopers said the bus came to a stop in a field near the road west of Santaquin.
The bus driver, identified as an adult male, was taken to an area hospital in fair condition. Trooper said one student reported a minor injury but they were not transported.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)