Honoring two Tooele County firefighters killed in the line of duty
TOOELE COUNTY, Utah — Friday marks 47 years since Lauren Dow and Daniel James, two firefighters in Tooele County, paid the ultimate sacrifice and died in the line of duty.
News Photojournalist Derek Petersen shows us how the community in Tooele plans to remember the two firefighters.
A fundraising effort in #Tooele for a memorial for two firefighters killed while fighting a fire in 1975..
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) August 25, 2022
Those interested in donating for the monument can:
- Call the Tooele City Finance Department at 435-843-2150 and make a donation over the phone
- Visit Tooele City Hall to make donations in person at 90 N. Main Street
- Mail a check to Tooele City Corporation at P.O. Box 89, Tooele, UT 84074 and indicate that the money is for the Dow James Memorial
- Venmo @TVFD-Association
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)