Snag a $3 movie ticket for National Cinema Day
(CNN) — Movie attendance hasn’t bounced back after the pandemic, leaving Hollywood struggling to lure audiences back into theaters.
So this Saturday, theaters around the country are offering tickets for just $3, part of the new National Cinema Day. Major chains like AMC and Regal are among those participating.
“This day is for movie lovers across the US, celebrating how movies are meant to be seen, on the big screen,” said Ken Thewes, Regal’s chief marketing officer, in a news release.
AMC tweeted it also will offer a $5 drink-popcorn combo.
Find participating theaters on the National Cinema Day website.
Last week, it was reported that Regal’s parent company Cineworld was exploring options for bankruptcy after low admissions, and revenues at the U.S. box office are still nearly 30% lower than before the pandemic.
The-CNN-Wire ™ & © 2022 Cable News Network, Inc., a Warner Bros. Discovery Company. All rights reserved.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3477)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)