SLC elementary school welcomes students back to class
SALT LAKE CITY — Throughout August, students across the state have headed back to school.
And on Tuesday, the Salt Lake City School district joined that list as one of the final districts in the state to take on their first day of school.
Salt Lake City School district’s Ensign Elementary welcomed over 300 students; for many families, time is moving fast.
“It was crazy when we were in kindergarten, now she’s in first. And yeah, it’s crazy. They’re getting big,” said Parker McBrier, a parent.
Ensign Elementary opened its doors, ready to welcome students into a school year that, in some ways, will be like a blast from the past.
“We’re gonna teach like it’s 2019 again! Back to the fun and normalcy,” said Erik Jacobson, Ensign Elementary Principal.
“They had a killer summer, and I think they’re gonna learn a lot,” said Julian Baranowski, a parent.
— Karah Brackin (@KB_ON_TV) August 30, 2022
Jacobson said one of the ways they will encourage a successful school year is by focusing on the student as a whole.
“We’re really looking to develop kids that are members of their community that are complex thinkers and problem solvers,” he explained.
That, plus getting back to the basics to learn and dive into favorite subjects.
“They both love getting outside, being in nature, playing with bugs, so I think science will do them extremely well,” said Baranowski.
Jacobson said it’s thanks to the teachers who have worked incredibly hard over the last couple of years to create a sense of normalcy, support staff, and custodial workers that brings them into this school year ready to take it on strong.
“We just hope that we have students who think every day is a great day to learn something new. The world is our oyster; there’s always something to discover.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)