Driver arrested after speeding, crashing into multiple things in Sandy
SANDY, Utah — A driver was arrested Saturday on suspicion of DUI after police say the vehicle crashed into multiple things and was traveling at a high rate of speed in Sandy.
The incident happened on 11100 South, near the railroad tracks at 300 East, at approximately 1 a.m.
Sgt. Greg Moffit with the Sandy City Police Department said a car lost control in that area and traveled quite a distance.
According to a tweet from the Sandy City Police Department, the vehicle — identified as a Jeep — was traveling 70 to 80 mph. It hit a tree, street sign, and the curb before rolling onto the lawn of a Sandy resident.
“Driving Is a Privilege, Not a Right! #SlowDownSandy,” read the tweet.
Officers responded to an accident on 11000 South where a Jeep was traveling 70-80 mph. The vehicle hit a tree, street sign, and the curb and rolled onto the lawn of a Sandy resident. Driving Is a Privilege, Not a Right! #SlowDownSandy pic.twitter.com/EQvFU4DT6P
— Sandy Police (@Sandy_Police) August 30, 2022
Police believe alcohol was a factor in the crash.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)