Sidewalk chalk festival returns to West Jordan library Saturday
WEST JORDAN, Utah — Sidewalk chalk artists and their works will convene to create their masterpieces Saturday, Sept. 3, for a free, family-friendly event.
The festival is returning for the sixth time to the Salt Lake County library in West Jordan from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
“Chalk the Walk is one of our most popular events, with good reason,” Viridian Event Center Assistant Manager Tayler Allen said. “The artists put so much effort into their artwork, creating beautiful, complex drawings that crowds love.”
In release about the event, the county promoted “portraits, landscapes, optical illusions and more.”
Last year’s category winners were for:
- Adult Solo
- Teen Solo
- Adult Team
- Teen Team
- All Ages Team
- People’s Choice
- Staff Pick
Judges will announce category winners at the end of the day. Citizens can vote for favorite drawings Saturday and Sunday with the winner of the category announced Monday.
The event is at the Library’s Viridian Event Center at 8030 S., 1825 W. in West Jordan.
The library is part of a park that includes a pool, a recreation center, a Veteran Memorial Park, Wild West Jordan Playground a baseball and softball complex, tennis and basketball courts and pavilions. It is located behind the West Jordan City Hall, West Jordan Police Department and Third District Court in West Jordan, all on Redwood Road.
“After years of hosting this event, I’m still always astonished by the detail and complexity of the art and the skillfulness of the artists. It’s truly amazing what they’re able to create,” Allen said. “It’s a great opportunity to get outside with friends and family and show appreciation for some very talented artists.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)