One in critical condition after Clearfield shooting; suspect in custody
CLEARFIELD, Utah — One person was hospitalized in critical condition after a shooting near a Clearfield cemetery Wednesday night.
Assistant Police Chief Devin Rogers with the Clearfield Police Department said they received reports of yelling and gunshots at approximately 9:30 p.m.
Witnesses reported hearing an individual yelling, “If you want to live, get in the vehicle.” They also told police they saw someone on the ground with a gunshot wound, who got inside a white pickup truck that left the area.
A short time later, police were notified the victim, identified as a 39-year-old male, was dropped off at a hospital in Layton.
Soon after that, Layton police located the pickup truck and conducted a high-risk traffic stop on Antelope Drive near Interstate 15.
The suspect, also a 39-year-old male, was arrested.
Rogers said the victim is expected to survive, and investigators are working to interview both the suspect and the victim.
The shooting remains under investigation and witnesses were asked to reach out to police.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)