American Fork police: Two men were inside vehicle involved in police shooting, Amber Alert
AMERICAN FORK, Utah — American Fork police have confirmed that a car involved in a police shooting and an Amber Alert earlier this month had not one, but two men inside it. Both of them have since been taken into custody.
On the night of Aug. 9, authorities responded to a Walmart, located at 949 Grassland Drive, on reports of shoplifting.
They approached 29-year-old Danny Sihalath, who ignored police commands and got in a car to flee the scene. Officers shot at the car as it drove away.
A 5-year-old boy was in that car, so authorities issued an Amber Alert. Fortunately, the child was later found safe at a relative’s home.
We’re now learning that 34-year-old Robert Rivas was also in the car at the time.
He’s accused of robbing a Home Depot, stealing two Dewalt Tool Kits worth between $500-$1,500 total just before the incident at the next-door Walmart.
“Robert Phillip Rivas has an extensive criminal history of 11 arrests since 2009, including 9 convictions, 2 of which are felony convictions,” read the probable cause statement for Rivas’ arrest.
Documents also state Rivas has an active warrant for his arrest from the U.S. Marshall’s Office for a probation violation for robbery.
Both Sihalath and Rivas are behind bars and facing multiple charges.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)