Man dies after 30-foot fall in Neffs Canyon
UPDATE: Unified Police identified the 22-year-old as Kurt Lawson, of Seekonk, Massachusetts. They give their condolences to his family and friends.
SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah — A 22-year-old man has died after falling in Neffs Canyon.
Detective Arlan Bennett with the Unified Police Department said search and rescue crews and a medical helicopter were dispatched to the area Monday afternoon after receiving reports of the fall.
Bennett said the victim suffered serious head injuries in the fall. Emergency crews attempted lifesaving efforts but the man, whose name was not released, later died from his injuries.
UPD is investigating the fall but Bennett said it appears to be accidental.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9148)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 5383)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 3392)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 2595)
- Live (pageviews: 2201)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 2139)