‘Davis Remembers’ 9/11 memorial exhibit opens for 21st anniversary
FARMINGTON, Utah — A 9/11 memorial opened on Wednesday in Davis County.
This year will mark the 21st anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, and the Major Brent Taylor Foundation is opening the “Davis Remembers” 9/11 project to commemorate that day in American history.
Those spearheading it say the exhibit is there to educate and inspire young and old in an interactive way.
Jenny Taylor, along with other officers and workers impacted that day, said it’s important that people remember and understand our history as a nation because when we remember better, we can then do better moving forward.
“I want this to change you. I want it to make your 9/11 a little different than it would have been,” Taylor said.
The memorial is free and open to the public from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. from Wednesday through Saturday at the Legacy Event Center.
It includes an immersive experience with audio, visuals, live stories and something for the kids to interact with as well.
Visitors will also find a multimedia 9/11 museum display, a community resource fair, and a parking lot “Touch-a-Truck” exhibit.
The exhibit includes more than 600 photographs, 378 8-foot-tall frames and 24 TV screens spread throughout the 50,000-square-foot event center.
Taylor said part of this will strike a cord emotionally and some may want to pause or take a step back.
“We can educate and inspire in a way where you get to touch it. You feel it. You’ll feel it, those of us that are old enough, will feel it,” Taylor said.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)