1 dead, 5 injured after crash in Tremonton
TREMONTON, Utah — A woman died at the hospital Tuesday night following a crash on Interstate 15 in Tremonton.
The incident happened near milepost 377 just after 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Sgt. Cam Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol said officials received a report at approximately 5 p.m. of a reckless vehicle going very slowly on the freeway.
Troopers made contact with the vehicle off the freeway, but the vehicle got back on and started driving recklessly again.
Roden said the vehicle was then hit behind by a semi-truck.
“They think that the vehicle was partially on and partially off the road when it got hit,” he said.
After the vehicle — which was carrying several people from out of the country — was hit, it went off to the right and rolled.
A woman in her 20s was ejected from the car, along with a 3-year-old.
The woman sustained serious injuries at the scene and was transported to a local hospital by ground ambulance, where she later died.
The 3-year-old was also transported in serious condition.
Roden said the driver, identified as a man, sustained minor injuries, along with three other juveniles that were in the car.
The semi-truck driver was uninjured.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9148)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 5383)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 3392)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 2595)
- Live (pageviews: 2201)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 2139)