Man who ran over, killed wife at SLC airport sentenced to prison
SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah — A 38-year-old man was sentenced to prison Friday after running over and killing his wife at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
Shawn Christopher Sturgeon — who, on July 11, pleaded guilty to charges of automobile homicide criminal negligence DUI of alcohol/drugs and domestic violence in the presence of a child — is currently in the custody at the Salt Lake County Jail.
For the first charge, Sturgeon was sentenced to one to 15 years in Utah State Prison, and for the second charge, no more than five years. The sentences are to be served consecutively.
“The prosecutor shall determine restitution and file a restitution order with the court, to remain open per statute,” court documents state.
The deadly incident took place on April 4 as Shawn Sturgeon and his wife, Charlotte Sturgeon, returned to Salt Lake City from a vacation.
When officers arrived on scene, they found Charlotte Sturgeon suffering from critical injuries. She was then transported to the hospital, where she later died.
Shawn Sturgeon will now be transferred to the Utah State Prison.
A restitution hearing has been scheduled for Dec. 5 at 12:30 p.m.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3477)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)