Man killed in Salt Lake shooting Saturday, police asking for help
SALT LAKE CITY — A man was shot and killed in his car early Saturday morning and police are asking for the public’s help locating the shooter.
SLCPD said emergency dispatch received multiple calls about a shooting near 500 South, Post Street at 12:54 am. Patrol officers, members of the SLCPD’s Pioneer Bike Squad and detectives with the SLCPD’s Gang Unit immediately responded.
Officers found a shooting victim and provided life saving efforts upon arrival at the scene before the victim was transported in critical condition to the hospital where he later died.
According to police, the suspect was standing outside and fired multiple rounds into the victims car, which also had a passenger who had no physical injuries. The shooter got into a car and fled the scene. Officers searched but could not locate the suspect or the suspect’s car.
Detectives are requesting people living along Post Street, 900 West and 1000 West between 400 South and 600 South to check any home or business surveillance video from 12:45 a.m. until 1 a.m. to see if a there is footage of a car leaving the area at a high rate of speed.
“It is highly probable people in our community know who is responsible for this shooting,” SLCPD said in a release. “Detectives would like to speak with anyone who has information about the case.”
SLCPD said the shooting is believed to be gang related. The SLCPD’s Homicide Squad is leading the investigation, working with detectives and searching the neighborhood for evidence.
There is no further information about the suspect, the victim, or the victim’s passenger to release at this time.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 22-176652.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3477)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)