Standoff in West Haven ends as suspect is found dead
WEST HAVEN, Utah — The Weber County Sheriff’s Office says a SWAT standoff in West Haven ended early Friday morning after the suspect was found dead.
On Thursday evening, deputies from the WCSO responded to a residence on a report of a protective order violation.
According to a news release, the suspect, in this case, was wanted for multiple protective order violations by the WCSO. He was reportedly armed and dangerous.
Upon arriving on the scene, deputies learned the suspect was alone inside the residence. Law enforcement then set up a perimeter. The WCSO then requested the assistance of the Ogden Metro SWAT Team.
After several hours of negotiating, the suspect ended all communications with law enforcement and barricaded himself inside a room within the home.
Early Friday morning, SWAT members entered the home and discovered the suspect had died by suicide.
Authorities say the West Haven standoff is still under investigation. The identity of the suspect has not been released as family members are still being notified.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)