One critical in crash with semi-truck
Sep 13, 2022, 7:08 AM
PLEASANT VIEW, Utah — One man is in critical condition after his car was hit by a semi-truck early Tuesday.
According to Sgt. Cameron Roden with Utah Highway Patrol, at approximately 1:38 a.m. a 2002 Toyota Corolla was headed northbound on Interstate 15 in Pleasant View near milepost 350.
“It is unknown at this point which lane he was in or what his travel speed was.”
For an unknown reason, the driver and only occupant of the Toyota moved to the left and hit the center concrete divider.
The driver corrected back to the right hard enough that the car began to spin and stopped in the third lane facing east.
Roden said, ” A semi-truck which had been traveling in close proximity to the Toyota began braking as the events unfolded but was unable to stop prior to colliding with the Toyota.”
The semi-truck hit the passenger side doors area and the Toyota was pushed off the right shoulder where it came to a rest while the semi-truck stopped a short distance ahead.
Neither of the two occupants of the truck sustained injuries. The driver of the Toyota sustained critical injuries and was transported to a local hospital in critical condition.
“The driver appears to be a resident of Boise, Idaho,” Roden said.
According to Roden, initial reports that came in had indicated that a second occupant was possibly ejected from the vehicle. However, fire and police were “unable to locate anyone else after an exhaustive search.”
An investigation of the crash is ongoing.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3477)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)