Friends remember man who was hit, killed while riding his bike in Murray
MURRAY, Utah — Friends and neighbors are remembering a man who was killed while riding his bike Monday morning in Murray.
Brad Collins, 38, was riding to the TRAX station when he was hit on Vine Street at Cottonwood.
Collins’ street is now lined with ribbons, tied by the youth in his Latter-day Saint ward Monday night.
Bishop Tyler Jessop told KSL TV that Collins had just been called to serve in the bishopric in his ward.
The young men in the neighborhood all looked up to him. They have spent hours and sometimes days together while on campouts and other church activities.
“He was always positive, optimistic,” said Eysten Hansen.
Coleman Jessop described what he will miss.
“Whenever he laughed, it was just the big laugh that everybody loved.”
One of Collins’ best friends is Aaron Paugh. The two have spent hours together working on projects, hiking and camping. They had been chipping away at a goal to hike every mountain that’s over 11,000 feet in Utah. They were still far from reaching that goal, but Paugh said Collins always pushed those around him to be their best and get out of their comfort zone.
“I will miss all of those crazy adventures in the dark and the snow and the rain,” Paugh said. “All those times where we were out of our comfort zone and he’s pushing us to be better.”
But more than the adventures, those around Collins described him as loyal and and loving.
“He also made you feel like you were the only one around,” Paugh said. “It was so special, and it doesn’t matter who you are everyone’s had that same experience with Brad.”
Collins leaves behind a wife and two children, ages 6 and 2.
A GoFundMe* page has been set up. If you would like to donate, you can click on that link.
As for the investigation, KSLTV reached out to Murray police who had not updated us by air time. But initial reports indicate the driver who hit and killed Collins is cooperating.
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisors and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3477)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)