SB I-215 to WB I-80 ramp closed due to jackknifed semi
SALT LAKE CITY — The ramp from Interstate 215 to Interstate 80 has been closed in Salt Lake City due to a jackknifed semi-truck.
The incident happened at approximately 1 p.m. Wednesday.
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said the semi, which has an empty trailer, was traveling northbound on I-215 West and took the ramp to westbound I-80 when it lost control and jackknifed, hitting the concrete barrier and blocking the ramp.
NB I-215 and SB I-215 to I-80 WB is closed due to a truck accident. Troopers expect the closure to remain in place for up to 2 hours. Please decrease your speed during poor weather and use an alternative route. pic.twitter.com/V1Eit5PV0I
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) September 14, 2022
A passenger car behind the semi then ran into the back of the trailer, causing a leak in the truck’s fuel tank.
Officials said hazmat crews have responded to contain the leak.
“Medical has also responded to the scene but only minor injuries were reported and no one was transported,” read a Wednesday afternoon press release from UHP.
The closure is estimated to be in place for approximately 60 to 120 minutes.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9148)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 5383)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 3392)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 2595)
- Live (pageviews: 2201)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 2139)