Bountiful Police book juvenile for allegedly shooting a gun, forcing high school lockout
BOUNTIFUL, Utah — A juvenile male is in police custody for allegedly brandishing and firing a handgun nearby a high school Tuesday afternoon.
According to the Bountiful police press release, a juvenile victim reported that he was disputing with the juvenile suspect at the parking on 640 South 750 East at approximately 1:28 p.m. Tuesday.
During the dispute, the suspect brandished a handgun, fired it, and fled the area in a vehicle. No injuries were reported by police.
Bountiful High School was briefly placed on “lockout” status by its principal until 2:20 p.m., when officers were able to clear the surrounding area, according to Bountiful police.
Press release just issued for an incident on 9-13-2022 pic.twitter.com/Rq36aabWPA
— BountifulCityPD (@bountifulcityPD) September 14, 2022
On Wednesday afternoon, the juvenile suspect was arrested by police and booked into a juvenile detention facility. He is facing charges of aggravated assault with a firearm, possession of a dangerous weapon, and discharge of a firearm within city limits.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9148)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 5383)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 3392)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 2595)
- Live (pageviews: 2201)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 2139)